City of Oxford COVID-19 Response *Please Read*
As the number of cases of COVID-19 rises in North Carolina, the City of Oxford is making the health and safety of our citizens and employees a priority. The City is closely monitoring the situation and taking the necessary precautions to maintain a safe workplace and community.
City of Oxford Facilities Closed to the Public
Effective March 31, 2020, City of Oxford facilities will be closed to the public.
- If you need to speak with an employee in person, please make an appointment and arrangements will be made to accommodate.
- Pay utility bills using one of the following methods:
- Online at www.municipalonlinepayments.com/oxfordnc
- By phone at 833-259-4017
- By mail to PO Box 506 Oxford, NC 27565
- By Utilizing the drop box outside of City Hall
- There will also be a new walk-up and pay on the outside of City Hall by Friday, March 20, 2020. The hours of operation will be 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- Maintain 'social distancing' of 6 feet from other people when possible, as recommended by the CDC.
What we Are Doing to Help Citizens
The City of Oxford will postpone utility disconnections for non-payment and waive transaction fees that are associated with online/bank payments for City utilities, including late fees.
Keep in mind, that even though the water will not be disconnected for non-payment during the next 30 days, you are still responsible for your account balance and any water used during this suspension time.
Closings, Cancellations, and Postponements
- The City of Oxford Parks & Recreation Department is suspending all programs, including activities in Hix Gym and Public Works Meeting Room, until further notice.
- Facility rentals through April 30, 2020, will be canceled, renters will receive a full refund or may reschedule for a future date.
- 2020 Easter Egg Hunt
- Spring Break Camp
- Spring Break Lego Camp
Volleyball and Baseball Registration will continue through Friday, March 20, 2020, the season will be postponed for two weeks, and we will re-evaluate at that time.
If you have any questions, please call City Hall, 919-603-1100, and watch our website www.oxfordnc.org for updates as they become available.