Parks & Recreation
"To help individuals of all ages and abilities achieve a better sense of self and improved quality of life through physical, social, educational, and creative activities that promote self esteem, confidence, and fun in a pleasant and safe environment."
2020 Fall Mens Open Softball League: This adult slow pitch softball league is for open men's teams and any industrial men's team that wish to join. The league will play 2 games per week. Game times are planned for 6:30 pm and 7:45 pm . The schedule is set to begin in October. Specific days and times will be determined once all teams have registered.
This league is restricted to the first 5 teams to register.
Rosters are limited to 20 players and must be submitted on a team entry form.
To register a team or for more details call 919-603-1154.
- Recreation Office Window: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Hix Playground: Beginning 09/04 at 5 pm (maximum of 50 people)
- His restrooms & water fountains
- Hix Gym: Beginning 09/08
- Walking: 7:00 am - 8:30 am (sign in and temperature check required)
- Gym closed: 8:30 am - 9:00 am
- Pickleball: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm (sign in and temperature check required)
- Gym closed at 12:00 pm
- Hick's Outdoor Basketball Court (Maximum of 30 people)
- Monday - Friday: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Saturday 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Sunday 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- 09/08 Lake Devin Shelter rentals available (maximum of 50 people)
- 09/08 Rucker Park Shelter rentals available (maximum of 50 people)
- Hix tennis court, Hix dog park, Hix skate park, all park trails and open space, Lake Devin bank and dock fishing, baseball fields for practice (no games or scrimmages) rentals available
Closed & Cancellations
- Hix Shelter (no rentals)
- Fit After 50
- Youth Athletic Programs
- Indoor Facility Rentals
- Indoor Programming - Unless specified above