Parks & Recreation
"To help individuals of all ages and abilities achieve a better sense of self and improved quality of life through physical, social, educational, and creative activities that promote self-esteem, confidence, and fun in a pleasant and safe environment."
Spring Tennis & Pickleball Enrollment Now Open
Join in on this exciting, healthy, and positive experience, for both adults & kids!
Spring Tennis (Adults & Kids):
- Feb 23rd-April 29th
- 1 practice per week
Pickleball (Adults only):
- Feb 21st-May 2nd
- 1 practice per week
Enrollment can be done here.
Per Executive Order No. 180, beginning November 25, 2020, at 5:00 pm.
Face Coverings are required as follows:
- Hix Park (Playground, Dog Park, Skate Park): Unless an exception applies, Face Coverings are required for all people in parks if they are within six (6) feet of another person who does not reside in their household.
- Isaiah Hicks Basketball Court: People must wear Face Coverings while exercising (physical activity) if they are outdoors and within six (6) feet of someone who does not reside in the exercising person’s household.
- Hix Tennis Courts: People must wear Face Coverings while exercising (physical activity) if they are outdoors and within six (6) feet of someone who does not reside in the exercising person’s household.
- Hix Gym: Face Coverings are required at all times.
- Recreation Office Window: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Hix Playground (maximum of 50 people)
- His restrooms & water fountains
- Hix Gym: Beginning
- Walking: 7:00 am - 8:30 am (sign in and temperature check required)
- Gym closed: 8:30 am - 9:00 am
- Pickleball: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm (sign in and temperature check required)
- Gym closed at 12:00 pm
- Hick's Outdoor Basketball Court (Maximum of 30 people) New Operating Schedule Beginning November 1st
- Monday - Friday: 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Saturday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Sunday 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Lake Devin Shelter rentals available (maximum of 50 people)
- Rucker Park Shelter rentals available (maximum of 50 people)
- Hix tennis court, Hix dog park, Hix skate park, all park trails and open space, Lake Devin bank and dock fishing, baseball fields for practice (no games or scrimmages) rentals available
Closed & Cancellations
- Hix Shelter (no rentals)
- Fit After 50
- Youth Athletic Programs
- Indoor Facility Rentals
- Indoor Programming - Unless specified above
Free student Wi-Fi is available at the Hix parking lot from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., 7 days a week. The network name and passcode are posted at the gym or you can call 919-603-1135.