The Engineering Department provides an array of engineering functions and technical assistance to various City departments and to the citizens of Oxford. Some of the primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Citizen Requests – Respond to new water and wastewater service applications; utility locates; mapping; transportation planning; property development; street resurfacing; sidewalk improvements; and right-of-ways as needed.
- Development Review - Review site plans for conformance with City standards and policies as they relate to water, wastewater, storm drainage systems, and streets.
- Engineering Inspections - Provide inspections for the construction of water, wastewater, storm drainage systems and street construction to ensure they are built to the City’s criteria.
- Mapping - Water and wastewater mains, streets, other infrastructure, zoning and other map and geographic data is maintained and updated.
- Records - Retention of as-built drawings, project files, inventory of water and wastewater lines, storm drainage systems, GIS Mapping, etc.
- Capital Projects – Oversee the planning, design, permitting, and construction of City infrastructure projects.
- Stormwater Education Resources - Click Here
The resource documents are guidelines, specifications, and requirements related to such things as infrastructure, water quality, and wastewater. Additional documents will be added as our site develops and we are able to convert paper documents to electronic versions.
Capital Improvements Plan (CIP)
Raftelis System Development Fee Analysis
All proposed site plans and sketch drawings are to be sent, with appropriate fees, to:
Alyssa Blair, Administrative Support Associate
PO Box 1307
300 Williamsboro St.
Amy Ratliff P.E. - City Engineer
919-603-1113 - Office
919-691-4221 - Cell
Darrell Smith - Engineering Technician
919-603-1112 - Office
252-432-3103 - Cell
PO Box 1307
300 Williamsboro Street
Oxford, NC 27565
Mon - Fr 8:30 - 5:00