The mission of the Oxford Police Department is to improve the quality of life of citizens, living, working or visiting our city, through the suppression and prevention of crime and disorder.
In accomplishing its mission the department acknowledges the importance of the following values in both individual employees and our overall operation.
- We believe that it is our responsibility to protect the constitutional rights of all persons and that we are accountable to the community.
- We believe that crime is not only a police problem but also a social problem impacting all aspects of the community and we are committed to working with the community to address these issues.
- We accept our leadership role as the provider of public safety services in the community through the development of innovative approaches to the suppression and prevention of crime. In addition we recognize that the control of public disorder and the provision of traffic safety services are an integral part of what we do.
- We are committed to maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity
- We are committed to professionalism in our operations and are dedicated to providing comprehensive training, guidance and support services to our employees.
The Oxford Police Department has an authorized strength of 31 sworn police officers and 2 full time and 2 part-time civilian employees which consist of an Administrative Staff, a Patrol Division and an Investigation Division. Officers are assigned to a variety of functions and have opportunities for lateral transfers or promotions in a number of different areas:
- Patrol Officer
- Criminal Investigations
- Juvenile Officer
- Vice Narcotics Unit
- Emergency Response Unit (SWAT Team)
- Forensics (Crime Scene Investigations)
- Community Resources and Training
Pat Ford - Interim Chief
204 E. McClanahan Street
PO Box 1186
Oxford, NC 27565
M-F, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM