City Board Meetings
- Held on Monday, one week prior to the second Tuesday of each month 5:30 PM
- Commissioner's Board Room, 3rd Floor, City Hall Williamsboro Street
Regular Monthly Meetings
- Held the second Tuesday of each month 7:00 PM
- Commissioner's Board Room, 3rd Floor, City Hall, 300 Williamsboro Street
- Held as needed with a 48 hour notice to the public, unless it is an emergency
- Time and Location will be announced at the time of the notice
Public Comment & Presentations to the Board
The Mayor and Board welcome and encourage citizens to attend meetings, and to offer comments on matters of concern to them. Citizens have the opportunity to address the Mayor and Board during the Public Comment period of the Regular Monthly Meeting. Those wishing to speak during this time are requested to review the Public Comment Guidelines prior to addressing the Board. The Guidelines are also listed at the bottom of the agendas and available on meeting night.
Any person desiring to be placed on the agenda for the Regular Monthly Meeting to appear before the Board of Commissioners may submit a request in writing, stating his or her name, address and purpose for appearing before the Board of Commissioners. Requests shall be submitted in writing to:
Cynthia Bowen, City Clerk | City of Oxford | 300 Williamsboro Street | PO Box 1307 | Oxford, NC 27565
Once agenda requests are received, they will go before the Board Of Commissioners for review and approval.
Requests shall be received no later than 12:00 PM on the Tuesday prior to the day of the agenda session.
Invitation for Prayer
The City of Oxford, Board of Commissioners invites leaders of all religious faiths who reside or worship within the City of Oxford, to open a Regular Monthly Board Meeting with a brief prayer. If you would like to participate, please contact Cynthia Bowen, City Clerk.