The City of Oxford is partnering with CodeRED to improve communication to Oxford citizens and businesses. Sign up at today for this FREE emergency notification service provided to all residents within the City of Oxford. This service will notify you of emergency and important non-emergency information through phone calls,text messages, and emails.
As a local resident, The City of Oxford encourages you to take action and register your cell phone and/or your email address for this service along with your home address and phone number during the enrollment process so we may target notifications that directly impact your home or business. Your contact information remains private and will only be used for emergency and community notifications. If you need assistance with registration please call 919.603.1100 ext 0.
Things to know about CodeRED:
- CodeRED delivers notifications by phone, email, text, and/or mobile alerts
- CodeRED is compatible with TDD/TTY devices for those with hearing impairments
- Individuals and businesses may add as many as many phone numbers, email and text numbers as they choose
- You will receive emergency notifications
- To receive important non-emergency notification, please select General alerts when register
- Add the CodeRED phone number 866.419.5000 to your caller ID - This is for EMERGENCY CALLS
- Add the CodeRED phone number 855.969.4636 to your caller ID - This is for GENERAL CALLS
Types of notifications include:
- Critical Public Safety Information
- Emergency Preparedness
- Water Service Interruptions
- Yard Debris and Leaf Pickup
- City Events
- Important City Information
A CodeRED Mobile Alert app is also available for download on the App Store and Google Play.
This system is not connected to Granville County's CodeRED. You must register separately.